APA outlineDecember 31, 2013 - Posted to Assignment Styles and Formats
Learn More about APA style
APA style outline is the short term for American Psychological Association style. This is one of the academic formats used in writing. This style originated way back in 1929. This was made by a group of anthropologist, psychologists and business managers so as to have a simple set of methods or rule of styles in terms of scientific writing that would make the comprehension easier.
Similar to the various types of editorial styles, the APA outline has its own guidelines that the publisher must follow. This would ensure that the written material would be presented in a clear and concise way. Here are the elements that must always exist:
- - Selection of the tone, heading and length
- - Abbreviation and punctuation
- - Construction of the figures and tables
- - Statistics and numbers presentation
- - Reference citations
- - Other elements that are considered part of the manuscript
When using this APA outline format, you must also follow a particular format. Your paper needs to have the four main parts such as the title page, abstract, body and the references.
- - This part must have the heading, title, author’s name and the school affiliation.
- - This part contains the summary of the paper. This should immediately follow the title page. It should not be more than 250 words. Yet, this can still vary depending on your professor’s instruction and publication.
- - This part has the main body or essay of the paper.
- - This part contains the lists of all the resources that you have used on your essay.
Writing In-text Citations
The APA format outline also follows a way to cite a paper. It must be written with the author’s name first and followed by the date of the publication.
Writing the Reference Pages
- This section must be double spaced.
- This is not an extension of the previous page and must begin on a new page. It should have the title: References on the top of the page.
- All of the details found here should be in alphabetical order.
- The first line must be with a left margin. The rest of the additional entries must be indented by using the tab key.
- Ensure to follow the new sixth edition style of writing that recommends two spaces instead of one space after each sentence.
- The sources cited must always appear in the in-text and the reference page. It means that the reference that is found in the text of the paper must be cited in the reference page and the item that is in the reference page must also be found in the body.
- The books’ title, journals title, newspaper’s title and magazines’ title must always be written in italics.
Here is a sample of some pages that you can found in an APA paper outline:
Title of the paper (must be centered and located at the top of the paper)
Title of the paper
School affiliation (This must also be centered and must be found at the center of the paper too)
Running head (found left part on top)
References (page heading and must be centered)
Table 1 (found at the top left of the paper)
Figure of the table
Journal and Periodicals Page
Author’s name followed by the resource used
This page must be written the way that the APA format must be. Different styles vary depending on the number of authors that must be listed.
APA format in Electronic sources page
Online Documents (top left part of the page)
This must be written in this format:
Author’s name, title of the web page and the site address
Many people would still find it hard to write using this style. That is just normal especially if you are just starting out. A good way to get around is to utilize an APA citation machine. There are many of such that can be found free online. This tool can help you produce the APA style of referencing. For accuracy, it would be advisable to double check the paper before submission.
Another way is to hire a writing company that is capable of delivering your desired style of writing. With them, all you need to do is to provide the information about the task and they will do the rest.
There are also a lot of APA format samples that can be found on the web that can help you to be familiar with tit. There are also manuals that you can purchase that can give you helpful tips and ways to learn about it.
By way of practice, this kind of style will just be easy to follow. Just be patient as it can take time and lots of practice.
Do not know exactly what you need?
Send us those crumbs you have and our expert writers will do the rest!Evaluate