Argument examplesMarch 26, 2014 - Posted to Samples and Examples
Argumentative Essay Facts and Examples
An argumentative essay is just one type of essays. In this type, the essay would not just be written just to give information but also to present some sort of argument examples. To do that, the pros and the cons must be presented relating to the issue being argued in the paper. It is advisable to clearly take the stand and write all the necessary information that will help persuade the readers about the thing that you are justifying. This paper is basically required so as to make people who are opposed to your idea to change on what you believe.
When writing this kind of essay, one of the most challenging parts of it is to select a topic. In doing so, it is required that the topic must be narrowed down, contain an argument and must have sufficient information that can make it reasonable.
Narrowing down a topic means to be specific on a certain subject. For example is the topic about legalizing the use of marijuana. This is not a good choice because it is too broad. It must be using and selling marijuana in public places must be legalized.
The topic that you should choose must have an argument. An example of argument is students can learn from cheating. This means that you agree that cheating is good. Of course, many readers are opposed to it.
It is important that the chosen topic has enough resources to explore. It includes sources citations, statistics and others.
This introduces the problem and provides an overview of the argument and the thesis statement. This is the first paragraph of the introductory paragraph.
This part contains the reasons and the entire paragraph focuses on just one reason. The reasoning is found in the topic sentence. It must be supported by the materials and other supporting information. It includes personal experiences, examples, figures and even quotations.
This part restates the main claim of the essay. It has one or two general statements that can clearly provide the summary of the argument.
Here are some of the examples of arguments.
- - Pain is considered as a state of consciousness or a mental event. Thus, it cannot be observed directly.
- - Segregation disfigures the soul and can damage the personality. Thus, all statutes of segregation are not fare.
- - A meter is considered longer as opposed a yard. It then means that a 100 meters ship is longer than a football field.
- - I am not found of books because it just taught us to relate the things that we are not aware of.
- - Proteins and genes are discoveries. Discoveries are not patentable while inventions are. This means that the protein patents are considered as flawed intrinsically.
- - The member of a Parliament cannot be more stupid than his constituents. It is the one least merit of a democracy. If he is stupid, the people who elected him are more stupid than him.
- - Men truly love suits. This is why, we have some pajamas that are styled like a tiny suit. It has little lapels, simulated breast pockets and little cuffs. Do you think little pockets are necessary for pajamas? You can put a pen in it and when you roll over at night, you can kill yourself.
- - Rights can be out of a democratic process or given by God. The majority of rights are based on the people’s capability to agree on social contract and the ability to make and keep an agreement. It is not possible for animals to reach an agreement with other creatures. They also are not capable of respecting the rights of others. Hence, they cannot be said to have any rights.
Do not know exactly what you need?
Send us those crumbs you have and our expert writers will do the rest!Evaluate