ThesisFebruary 25, 2014 - Posted to Writing Help
Writing a good thesis paper
A thesis is your argument or insight or viewpoint accurately crystallized into a sentence or two that transfers your main idea to the reader.
TopEssayWriting.org professional thesis writers have proven through personal experience that there are two most crucial points you have to consider when writing your thesis paper:
- - thesis statement argument
- - the overall quality of your thesis: grammar, word use, academic depth.
- A good thesis statement has the following characteristics:
- The point of view in the statement can be proven and strongly supported, in the space allowed. The longer the paper the more widely focused the thesis must be.
- The thesis statement must only hold a single point of view. Thus, avoid a thesis statement that is structurally a compound sentence, so that you don’t end up dealing with two points of view in your thesis paper.
A thesis statement is an argument not an opinion. Students writing their thesis papers should know that according to the Oxford Dictionary, an argument is a set of reasons that somebody uses to show that something is correct. But according to the same dictionary, an opinion is your thoughts or feelings about something/someone without any facts. Thus, you cannot prove an opinion but you can offer facts that can prove your argument.
The thesis statement you form has to be proven by solid evidence. In case you find it difficult to find evidence for your thesis statement, chances are that it is more of an opinion than a provable position. Reevaluate your thesis statement and form a better one that can be supported by facts.
A good thesis paper has the following characteristics:
- Argumentative: your thesis must make a specific case and try to prove something. A thesis normally has an active verb which is different from a topic which makes a general statement.
- Analytical: it must analyze all the necessary information in the academic paper and data to explain to your reader what the object is, and why an event has occurred. The main purpose of analytical thesis is to ensure that the reader understands about the specific topic being discussed in thesis. A thesis can be described as a statement in an analysis paper that answers a ‘how or why’ question.
Deal with a single point of view: a good thesis should be specific. You should avoid wide, unclear generalizations. It should be detailed and should answer the question ‘why’.
Well supported: a good thesis paper should be well supported in the bibliography and through referencing. This would cut the chances of it being declared plagiarized.
Write a thesis statement somewhere on the first paragraph, preferably the last sentence of the first paragraph. A good thesis normally emerges after you have written the first draft of your paper. Thus, you should not struggle too much to come up with a perfect thesis statement of your paper before you start writing, but after you have written your last paragraph.
At TopEssayWriting.org we’re able to provide you with superb quality online thesis. Our writers are qualified professionals with postgraduate degrees and years of experience in academic writing. Contact us today and see how our efficient services will relieve your academic stress. We look forward to hearing from you!
Do not know exactly what you need?
Send us those crumbs you have and our expert writers will do the rest!Evaluate