Writing a thesisDecember 17, 2013 - Posted to Writing Help
At TopEssayWriting.org we offer outstanding custom thesis writing service to our customers. Our professional writers offer thesis writing help to students who may not have the time, necessary resources and the right language for writing a good thesis. Below we will look at the stages involved in thesis writing:
How should I write my thesis?
Before you even start writing, whether you are writing a Master’s thesis or starting on PhD thesis writing, make sure you have completed the steps outlined below:
- Begin your research with a question. You can think of a question from topics or theories you are interested in or the ones you study in your course. Pick a question that you feel has not been answered fully by intelligentsia. In other words, make a thesis statement that you can prove by using facts and figures.
- Once you have decided on a question, look for all the information that touches on the question. Study all the academic material that you can from the internet, library and even information on the popular press.
- Through reading, you become more knowledgeable on the topic and on any prior research on the topic. This will help you come up with a clear purpose for your thesis. Once you can clearly articulate this purpose you will be ready to start writing a thesis paper.
- Once you reach this point, recruit committee members and hold a meeting to make plans for the completion of the thesis. Students at the Doctorate level discuss their dissertation proposal as part of their exam. Submit a memo to committee members when the meeting ends, summarizing what was agreed on in the meeting.
- Approach the IRB (Institutional Review Board) to get your instrumentation approved before you start collecting data. This process may take several days or weeks.
- The next steps are to collect all the data, analyze them then write the findings and compose the final draft.
- You also need to hire help with coding and data entry and analysis. At xTopEssayWriting.org we will assign a thesis writer to provide help with thesis writing to you. These writers understand all the coding and data entry protocol needed when writing a thesis paper. Their much needed help will enable you to write a thesis paper that is original.
- Find a copy of graduate school’s guidelines for writing theses and follow these guidelines carefully.
Insiders Info: how the process goes at our custom thesis writing service
Each dissertation or thesis is unique but they all share some common features. Below we will look at some general guidelines for writing thesis:
First Chapter: Significance and Purpose of the study
The first chapter states clearly the purpose of the study and its significance. By discussing how the study adds contributes to the existing body of knowledge, you address the significance of the of the thesis paper. The PhD student must describe how their research makes an original contribution to their field of study and address the importance of the study for mass communication education. If students don’t give a clear purpose for their study, the thesis papers they write would be looked at as flow.
Chapter 2: Review of the Literature
In the review of literature chapter, there is a description and analysis of previous research on the topic. The discussion and analysis handled in this chapter is meant to determine what is known and not known about the topic. It is this determination that will lead a student to the research question or hypothesis.
Chapter 3: methodology
In this chapter, the methodology used to gather data for the research is described and justified. In addition, you should also show how you analyzed the data in this chapter. You should begin by describing the methods you chose and why these methods were the most suitable. To add to this, you can also cite reference literature about the method.
Next, provide a detailed description of every step of data gathering and analysis process. The most common areas addressed in this section include:
- Description of the design of the research
a. External validity
b. Internal validity
- Description of the total population sampled and the method used for sampling in the study
- Method of making observations or development of instrument (for example, categories for content analysis, question guide)
- Reliability and validity of type of instrument used
b. Methods for making observations like interviews, observations and content analysis.
- Analysis of statistics and tests performed.
- Identification of categories/themes (historical or qualitative research)
Chapter 4: the findings
Here, you begin by describing or outlining any descriptive/exploratory analyses that were conducted. Next, you address the results of the tests of the research question followed by a discussion of the ex post facto analysis. Use tables and figures to illustrate the numerical data in your study.
You may also have to use direct quotations and paraphrase data from interviews, focus groups or historical figures to support all the generalizations you made in your research.
Chapter 5: discussion
In this chapter you get to discuss what your findings mean in relation to your profession and the theoretical body of knowledge on the topic. You should also discuss what your findings mean for communication professionals in the field of knowledge being examined. Students at the doctoral level should also add information on pedagogical implications of the study. In addition, limitations of the study and areas for future research are also discussed in this section.
Finishing the thesis
Below we will look at some key points you should take note of when finishing your thesis paper.
- In most case you will not be able to finish the whole thesis in one semester, but you have to make significant progress in the semester before you graduate. Doctorate students need even more time to complete their thesis, so they should plan their time wisely.
- Carefully edit your drafts before turning them in to your chair or committee members. The process of editing occurs in two levels. The first level is micro editing, where you spelling and grammatical mistakes. The second level is macro editing, where you each chapter flows logically to the next chapter and streamlining or expansion of parts of the thesis.
- Give time for the editor to read your completed thesis or dissertation. This may take several days, so be patient. Ensure you give the thesis to the committee members a week before the defense.
- You should also reserve a room for the defense and bring the examination form and the signature page to the defense.
- You should always be prepared for revisions after the defense. You can hurry up the clearance by giving a draft of the thesis to the graduate school staff to examine, before the defense.
- After the defense, it’s appropriate to provide a bound copy of the final draft of the thesis to your chair and committee members.
TopEssayWriting.org offers you more information on different academic papers and provides thesis writing services. Our thesis writers are the best in the industry and can help you write thesis papers that are unique and original. We can also handle complex assignments like thesis proposal writing, as well as, PhD thesis writing services. So if you need help writing a thesis of any complexity within the toughest time frames, get in touch with us to enjoy cheap thesis writing services with superior quality guaranteed.
Do not know exactly what you need?
Send us those crumbs you have and our expert writers will do the rest!Evaluate